Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Case Study Anniversary Blog Hop: Blooming Great Day


Hi Everyone!  I'm excited to be playing along with the Case Study 2nd Anniversary blog hop today.  The Case Study design team (along with past muses) is having a blog hop to celebrate the second aniversary of this fun challenge blog.  I hear there are some fun prizes if you decide to play along, too.  Leave a comment on each blog along the hop to be entered to win.   You can find all the information to join along in the challenge over on the Case Study blog.

This week's challenge is Signature Style or create something that best reflects your style.  You should have come from Eva Dobilas' blog.  If not, hop on over to the Case Study blog to start the blog hop at the beginning.

I was so honored last year when Iwona asked me to be the muse for the challenges one month and am excited that I get to play along again.  I love the concept of the challenge where designers inspire each other in their creations.

This week's challenge of Signature Style is definitely an easy one.  I've been creating lots of cards this year with colored images.  Hey, I'm sometimes a kid at heart and still love to color. :)


I decided to use this adorable little bear image from Lili of the Valley called Blooming Lovely.  It's been too long since I played with my adorable Lili of the Valley stamps (I miss working for LOTV!  More on that another day. . .) and I had to get the cute little bears when they released them in June.  The stamp comes with the sentiment I used on my card.

I colored the image with copic markers on copic x-press it cardstock.  (Marker colors listed below.)  I used some patterned paper from Studio Calico's Heyday paper pad.  I added lots of stitching and some buttons and capuccino baker's twine.  I also used an assortment of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I am playing along with the current Wild Orchid Crafts challenge which is Round in Circles (or use circles on your card).  I used a doily and buttons so hopefully that is enough! lol


I didn't have any rose buds in the right shade so I lightly colored the tips with a copic marker.  Then, I used my copic blender marker to make the color bleed down the petals.  They turned out pretty darn close to the color of my cherry blossoms.  I also added some stickles to the butterfly, bee's wings, and hearts, but it's kind of hard to see in the photos.

Okay, time to hop along to Andrea Ewen's blog and see what beautiful things she has created.  Thank you again to Iwona for inviting me to play along.  I am truly honored to get to play along with such amazingly, talented designers.

Happy Hopping!

Niki

Blooming Great Day card supplies:
Stamps: Blooming Lovely (Lili of the Valley)
Cardstock: X-Press It (Copic), off white
Patterned Paper: Heyday (Studio Calico)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Dies: petite oval nestability die (Spellbinders)
Embellishments: 4mm white rosebuds, 15mm cream open roses, 2 tone cherry blossoms (Wild Orchid Crafts), cappuccino baker's twine, paper doily, aqua buttons

Copic Markers:
bear:E23, E25, E27, E29
nose/ears/butterfly/hearts: R00
flower: custom marker (1.2 YR30, 1/2 YR31), YR31, Y35, Y38, E53, E55, E57, E59
leaves/stem: G40, G43, G46
bee: Y35
tags: E31
pot: E13, E15, E17, E19, E18
sky: BG0000, BG000

78 comments:

Chupa said...

You rock Copics like it's nobody's business and I knew you're going to post a treat for us today :) I especially love how you shade the fur on critters, I wish I could do it equally well :) Thanks so much for joining us!! xxx

ktfabian said...

Very, very cute! You did a fantastic job!!

Kailash Naidoo said...

Gorgeous card, love your coloring!!!

Kristii said...

What a cute card!!! Your coloring is amazing and the sweet bear is cute as can be!!

Tracy Ercole said...

Great card, fantastic colouring as always :)

Emily said...

So pretty, I love all the sewing and the flowers.

Anja curvers said...

Wow your coloring is amazing love that cute image and a very pretty card.

Jenny Martin said...

I love the way you put everything together and it still looks so CAS. Beautiful card!

Heather P said...

Oh my word, this is simply ADORABLE! Fabulous coloring, as always!! :)

Heather said...

Such an adorable card, love your colouring and what pretty papers :)

Sian said...

I love your pastel panel background and the contrast with the bright colours in the image :) those flowers poking out in front of the doily are just awesome ;)

Jess Moore said...

so cute! awesome papers, adorable bear!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Adorable card! Love how you used the doily and added those beautiful shaded flowers, thanks for the idea. Beautiful all around design.

Sasha said...

Such a cute card! Love all the details - stitching, buttons, papers, flowers and your coloring of course!

TesaB said...

Ohhhh, how adorable. Love everything about this card!

Vicki said...

Great. Cute. Thanks.

Pat W said...

Absolutely adorable and I love this card, the image and all the details are perfect!

Julie H said...

such a lovely image, and I love the patchwork background

Marianne said...

Those soft-coloured layers and the doiliy make such a perfect background for your cut image. Love the flowers and other details, too.

Kathy Martin said...

So beautiful! Love all your details....flowers, twine and buttons! Yummy! :)

Judy said...

The coloring is beautiful. Such a cute card.

Mary-Anne V. said...

Wow what an adorable card...love the coloured image and the different pp panels.

Suzanne Russell said...

Sweet, sweet card, Niki! Amazing paper combination and the coloring? Wow!

Colleen said...

Such a sweet card. I love to color as well. Your coloring is beautiful!

Cheryl Hutcherson said...

Love this card! So gorgeous!

Tracey said...

This is so gorgeous Niki!!

Lin said...

As an old Teddy collector, I love your image. As a lover of pastels and lace I adore your card! Beautifully done!

Nadine (wahinelei) said...

It's been awhile since I popped into your blog but I would definitely know one of your cards anywhere. Your fantastic colored images combined with your great use of patterned papers and stitching are always a standout. Another awesome card Niki!

Christine Kiehl said...

How cute, hopefully that is enough! I love it! What a beautiful card! So precise in your stitching too! I envy your steady hand! More doily uses for me to learn! Yeah! Thank you for sharing with a new visitor and follower on this super fun hop!

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh so adorable! Such a sweet image, gorgeous papers and stitching. Just lovely.

Wendy Zick said...

What a darling card! I love the stickles and the doily.

Marsha D said...

Such a combination of cuteness and beauty. Love the stitching and the soft colored DP.

Carole said...

Fantastic card. A delightful mix of cute and adorable along with classy and elegant.
I like your style:)

Jingle said...

This is very pretty!

Luana said...

Really sweet card. your coloring is awesome.

Chris Boldovici said...

Love your card and the blog hop! such fun to see all the creativeness of you ladies.

Cindy C. said...

Super cute card!!

Vicki Davis said...

Such a cute bear to color! Love the chocolate twine that ties the look all together. I envy your nice stitching.

Alina Igna said...

Lovelt card! The bear is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Sandi K said...

Like this style. Coloring is a relaxing past-time and de-stresser. Very lovely card.

Sarah said...

I like the papers and the doilie, and the flowers on your card. It's really cute!

Lindyloo said...

Hi Nicki
I am so sorry for being away so long, but I will try to get here more often in future.
I adore your card; the muted colour scheme is fabulous and really suits the image you have used too. I miss seeing your cards on the LOTV blog, will you be back at all, or is that the end of your DT tenure.
Hope you are well.
Hugs Linda x

Katie Parrish said...

I love your use of patterned papers. Your coloring is awesome.

Heather B said...

Oh wow, I LOVE that image!! So cute.

Julie Hoffman said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous coloring!!! Stunning!!

Michelle said...

Such a cute card, Niki! Hope you're having a super summer!

Karen Day said...

Such a happy card! Love your layout :o)

sanketi said...

Beautiful and colorful!

JayTeeZe said...

Such a lovely card! Beautiful colors!

Nancy Jensen said...

Your card is so stinkin' cute! You do an excelent job with your copics and the flowers are great too.

Elise said...

Niki!!! Wowowwww, this is simply STUNNING! I looove the colors and your colouring is so fabulous! Gorgeous, truly GORGEOUS!!!
Big Hugs,
Elise

E.T. said...

this is total adorbness! So so so pretty too!

JoAnn K Delery said...

omg, i love your card! and the bear, he's too cute. i will try yr technique of coloring the flowers, thanks!

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous card, and I love that sentiment!

JoAnn B. said...

So pretty. Love your paper combo and your coloring.

Nancy Freeman said...

What a great use of patterned paper -- so soft and pretty! And what a darling little guy!

Monika Davis said...

What a sweet card Niki. Love the darling card, the pretty papers... the flower embellishments are lovely.

indy said...

What a beautifully fun card! Your coloring is fantastic!

Joy Indrelie said...

I like to color too! : D

farmlifewife said...

Love how you colored the flowers. Beautiful card!

Marlena M said...

Your card is a masterpiece!

Lisa L. ( Lisa's Creative Niche) said...

he's so cute! I love the patterned paper against the black! beautiful!

Jo Eades said...

Niki, this is so adorable and your colouring is just gorgous, as usual.

Michelle W said...

So cute, Niki! I love this card, it's gorgeous!

Anne Kristine said...

wow! Such a lovely card!
Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs Anne Kristine

Leigh Odynski said...

I love the way you bordered all your patterned papers with the dark color, so striking

Susan said...

Fabulous card....so pretty!

Gia said...

That is adorable!

Pryn Garritan said...

Gorgeous card with beautiful colors!!! Your coloring is fabulous!

Piali said...

Very cute card!! Great coloring!

2amscrapper said...

gorgeous card!

Sue Symens said...

Great patchwork and stitching. Well put together!

stempelomi said...

pretty card!

A Facebook User said...

Fabulous BEAR Niki!
Love the many Layers in your cards:)

Allisa said...

Love your card. Your stitching and choice of colors is fabulous!

Jen Rzasa said...

This is so sweet!

Dena said...

Niki! How are you girlie!???
This card is too adorable! I totally love your style (I think I tell you that all the time haha) Anyhow, wonderful stitching and color combining!!!
Hugs, Dena

bevybee said...

Love Sunflowers...such a pretty card