Monday, December 7, 2009

you make me smile



I have a quick and easy card to share today.  Lots to do this week so I don't have much time to chat.  I'm just going to get to the details and get back to work.  I used the new Background Basic: Diamonds stamp set and enchanted evening ink to stamp my kraft card base.  I added white dots in the centers of the diamonds using a white signo pen.  Then, I stamped the sentiment from Signature Greetings in the bottom right corner.  I wrapped some dark chocolate grosgrain ribbon around the card and added some white hydrangeas.  Last, I added some bead caps and mini rhinestones.

Have a great week!

Niki

Recipe
Stamps: Signature Greetings, Background Basics: Diamonds (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: true black, enchanted evening (Papertrey Ink)
Accents: dark chocolate grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink), white hydrangeas (Prima Marketing), mini blue rhinestones, bead caps
Tools: white signo pen

15 comments:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Niki!!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card! Love the enchanted evening on the kraft, and mixed with the brown; just perfect!!

Monica K said...

I just love your card! The enchanted evening color on the kraft is stunning! I am definitely buying the BB: diamonds set now. :)

Carol R said...

Beautiful card! Simple, yet elegant. Love blue color with the kraft card stock.

Denise Johnstone said...

Wow this is simple it is elegant! I have to say I just LOVE the bead caps, could you possibly tell me where you get them, are they real 'bead caps' as in jewellry ones or supplied at a craft store? I am in Australia and haven't seen anything to use with flowers that looks so nice. Thanks & Kind regards Denise
djcp62@yahoo.com.au

Rae said...

This is a beautiful card! Lots of detail in the simplicity. TFS

Amy G. said...

WOW!!!! ...simply stunning!!! Love the Enchanted Evening on Kraft. Those dots are just perfect in the diamonds. I couldn't have those flowers, though. I'd hoard anything that pretty. ;)

Gwen Snater said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

jen shears said...

Gorgeous! :)

Sylvia/Georgia said...

Love the beautiful simplicity (but with lots of detail) of this card!

paula e. said...

this is the perfect combination of simple but elegant- very effective and anyone would enjoy receiving. when you look closer, lots of great detail. i like the color combo of enchanted eve & brown with the kraft paper. wonderful as always.

Bev said...

Pretty card-I love kraft. Those white dots took a lot of time!! tfs

jan metcalf said...

Wonderful card!

Karen H. said...

What a beautiful card! I love the little white dots in the pattern you created.

Charlene Austin said...

Amazing card!!! LOVE that diamond background. I can't remember if I ordered it but you better believe I will now!!!