Monday, March 8, 2010

thank you


I sat down the other day at my craft table to create a card using one of the High Hopes Rubber Stamps that I received from Amy at Paper Romance and had to play with this little cutie called Little Missy.  Doesn't she look so sweet with her bouquet of flowers?!

I paired her with some patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket and colored her with copic markers.  Then, I sponged the edges of my kraft card base, patterned papers, sentiment, and my stamped image with dark chocolate ink.  I stitched my patterned papers to my card base and adhered my image and sentiment with foam adhesive.  Last, I sponged the edges of a little vintage book print flower with dark chocolate ink and adhered it to my card using foam adhesive.  (The vintage book print flower is the same as those for sale in my etsy store.)

Have a great day!

Niki

Recipe
Stamps: Little Missy (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), sentiment from Mother stamp set (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: white, kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Girl Friday (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: tuxedo black (Momento), dark chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Accents: vintage book print flower with button
Tools: copic markers, sewing machine, sponge

10 comments:

Gabby said...

How sweet is that Little Missy ... very! As always your choice of paper and colors is wonderful. Adore your little flowers and the sponging and shading add so much! You are such an inspiration, Niki. Gabby :)

Gabby said...

Whoops! I meant 'are wonderful." Teeheehee.

Ted said...

Niki...this is a beautiful card. Very nice coloring and a really cute image. :) And Gabby, don't feel bad. You were right "is wonderful"... because you were talking about the "choice". :) "Choice is wonderful". (Sometimes being an elementary school teacher has its curses!) ;) Okay... red pen is now away! ;)

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh my heaven, she is ADORABLE!!! I took a peek at that website and those images are so cute! You're card is absolutely marvelous Niki!

Jackie Pedro said...

Adorable with a Capital A!! Love it, Niki!

Carol R said...

That little girl stamp is so precious! She looks like she is ready for an Easter parade. Love your coloring!

Amy Leggate said...

Very Beautiful!! Thanks Niki!!!

Elaine Moore said...

Darling card - Little Missy is so sweet!

Kimberly O'Rosky said...

What a great card! The image is super sweet and your coloring is fantastic. Love all the stitching!

Kelly said...

Super cute Niki!