Tuesday, March 30, 2010

thinking of you



I love using black cardstock on my cards.  I love how it makes the other colors really pop.  It's the perfect touch for a fairly simple card like this one.  I used a piece of Green Boutique patterned paper, stitched it to a white mat, and tied a piece of new leaf stitched ribbon around the top before adhering it to my card base.  Then, I die cut a flower and stamped it with an image from Beautiful Blooms II.  I added a Hawaiian Shores felt circle and a true black button to the center.  Then, I cut some leaves freehand from new leaf cardstock to adhere behind my flower and a strip of white cardstock for my sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the sweet comments so many of you leave!  Hugs!!
Niki

Recipe
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II, Fillable Frames II (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: white, true black, new leaf (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Green Boutique (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: true black (Papertrey Ink)
Accents: new leaf stitched ribbon, true black button, hawaiian shores felt (Papertrey Ink)
Tools: sewing machine, beautiful blooms die (Papertrey Ink)

12 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Beautiful, clean, classy card! Love the hedgie and daffodil card as well. Penny Black always makes me smile!

Bev said...

Pretty, clean and simple card-love the dotted flower! tfs

karen q said...

I agree with you, the black really makes this card special. Love it.

Christina MacLaren said...

I'm always amazed at how you take a simple design and give it such a "wow" factor with your color choices and little details. I love this one!

Alice W. said...

gorgeous! lovely the black background! i was really afraid of the green boutique papers since i am just not good with putting bright colors together. now seeing your card, it really makes me want to give those papers a try! thanks for the inspiration! =)

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Ohhhhhhh, I was just cruising the Papertrey store today and checking out this new Hawaiian Shores color.....LOVE it! Now after seeing your card, I love it even more. You're right it totally POPS against that black base. Beautifully done, Niki!

Laurie W. said...

Niki, This is really pretty! I love the black card base and the stitching!

Amy Kolling said...

This is stunning with just a few things! Love that you used black...makes the other colors POP!

Jennifer Carter said...

That is SO cute! I love so much how those colors pop on the black!

Geny said...

Fantastic card as always Niki!! Love the color pop that the black cardbase makes happen!

Renée said...

this is gorgeous, Niki!

Wendy said...

I can't wait to get my PTI order this month, I love the new blue and the DP! This card rocks girl!