Tuesday, April 13, 2010

butterfly birthday



While I was playing with the new release stamps from Papertrey Ink over the last week, I decided to pull out Butterfly Dreams and Background Basics: Diamonds to create a card that I would be able to share before the release.

I stamped my rustic cream cardstock with the pattern from BB: Diamonds first.  I didn't worry about making sure the stamp was perfectly inked up because I knew I was going to be inking up the edges and was going for more of a vintage feel.  I added a piece of sweet blush polka dot patterned paper, sponged ink around the edges and stitched my layers.  Then, I wrapped the crocheted lace around the patterned paper and adhered it to my card.  I cut my rectangle for my sentiment and butterfly image and inked the edges.  Then, I die cut, stamped and colored my butterfly image.  I sponged ink around the edges of my die cut before adhering it with foam adhesive.

It's hard to believe it's already the big release day for Papertrey Ink.  Isn't this year just flying by?!  I probably won't make it to the release party tonight as it's my little girl's birthday today and I would rather spend the day spoiling her. *wink*

Have fun at the party!!

Niki

Recipe
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams, Background Basics: Diamonds (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: rustic cream, sweet blush (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: dark chocolate, true black (Papertrey Ink), tuxedo black (momento)
Accents: crocheted lace (May Arts)
Tools: butterfly die (Papertrey Ink), copic markers, sponge, sewing machine, rectangle nestability die (Spellbinders)

11 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW! This is stunning Niki! I am in love with the colours!

Lacey Stephens said...

Beautiful card hun!! I love it!! Great color combo!
~Lacey

Diane Jaquay said...

Just beautiful Niki!! Love the vintage look, the background you created, the pretty butterfly and the touch of lace!

karen said...

Beautiful card. I can't seem to put that butterfly set down. Happy, happy birthday to your little one.

Ted said...

As always, your cards inspire me, Niki! This is elegant and classy all in one. :) Nice job! Happy birthday to your daughter!

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is so pretty, Niki. I love the softness of it and the vintage feel. Its so gorgeous!!

Christina M said...

Beautiful card! I just love those butterflies, and the crochet lace adds such a romantic touch. Hope your daughter has a great birthday!

Alice W. said...

simply beautiful! i love all the distressing and the lace trim is perfect! Happy birthday to your girl! Hope you have a fabulous party spoiling her!! =)

jen shears said...

This is soooo beautiful- always love that color combo & that background is stunning!! Have a great time with your daughter- wish her happy birthday!!

Mary said...

This is so balanced and eye-catching. I love the placement of the simple butterfly. A very vintage look. Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

YISHAN L said...

This is such a beautiful card!! I really love how you use the colors. The background, the lace, the butterfly- just beautiful! A belated Happy Birthday to your daughter. :)