Tuesday, April 12, 2011

emergency hugs


Hi Everyone!  How is your week going so far?  My son starts tee ball tonight so I think our week's are about to get a little busier! :)

Today, I thought I would share the card above.  I created it a while back, but I haven't had a chance to share it on my blog yet.  I used the little adorable firetruck image again from the digital images created for the fundraiser for Katie Renz.  (You can read more about Katie and the fundraiser here on the Help for Katie blog.)  Claire Brennan, owner Waltzingmouse Stamps, drew this adorable image.

Since it is a digital image, I resized it and printed it from my computer on Copic X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the image with copic markers.  I used these copic markers to color my image: E00, E21, E11, T5, T7, T9, C2, Y35, Y38, YR16, E31, E35, R27, R29, R59.  I die cut my image with a circle nestability die.  Then, I sponged some antique linen distress ink around the edges to tone down the white cardstock a little so it goes with my patterned papers a little better.  I used patterned papers and buttons from October Afternoon's Campfire line.  I adhered my layers with memory glue dots and foam adhesive.

Have a wonderful day!

Niki

15 comments:

pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is just so pretty, love the colours you have chosen for this one, big hugs love Pops x x x

Diane Jaquay said...

CUTE!!!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Niki! Love the paper you used and your amazing coloring.
Hugs and smiles

karen q said...

Such a darling card. I remember those T-ball years. The little ones are so much fun to watch. I also remember praying that neither of my kids would want to continue on and play baseball. Those games are so, so long. I got lucky and both switched to soccer. One hour games. Enjoy.

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Awwwwww, SUCH an incredibly sweet card with the way you wound the twine, the added buttons, and cute papers! Just as sweet as can BE!!

Amy Kolling said...

What an adorable card Niki!! Congrats on your new DT gig....you do awesome design work!

Chan said...

This is such a sweet card, Niki! :) Your Copic colouring is SUPERB!

Nicola said...

Awe this card is adorable Niki, just put a huge smile on my face. Lovely fresh colours and a darling image.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Carol R said...

So cute! Very pretty card. I love the PP and this little image. There were so many images given for helping Katie out; I should check the package once again and use them!

Vicki Chrisman said...

just wanted to come by and say thanks for visiting my blog..then I got caught up on looking at all your beautiful cards. Very nice!

Julia Aston said...

I love this truck and how you've colored it Niki! the 'street' under it is nicely done! and the papers you paired with it are perfect! a fun little card!

Lynnette said...

Just adorable, your coloring is fantastic. Hope that T-ball was fun, it's about that time of year. Enjoy it:)

Michelle said...

Adorable! We had some emergency hugs tonight when Michael fell (he claims --I know he jumped) off the swing. Ahhhhh tball --- spent 3 nights a week last summer at baseball games & it looks like it will be the same 3 nights this summer......fun....except when the SKEETERS come out!

BA said...

this is so cute niki
xoxo BA

Alice W. said...

cuteness!! super card, Niki!