Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June Waltzingmouse Stamps S.O.A.P. Day 2

Hi Everyone!  It's day two of the Waltzingmouse Stamps Juse S.O.A.P. and the design team is sharing more ideas using the stamps that were released last month: Dainty Doilies Large, Dainty Doilies small, Join Us, Say it Loud, and Gingham & Co.


Today, I'm sharing a card that I created using the Say it Loud stamp set along with the Vintage Circles Small and Sweethearts stamp sets.  I started by stamping the frame from Vintage Circles Small on cream cardstock with juniper ink from Close to My Heart.  Next, I stamped the heart from Sweethearts with tulip ink from Close to My Heart.  (I stamped the heart on scratch paper first and then stamped it in the center of my frame without reinking - this is called second generation stamping.)  Then, I stamped the sentiment from Say it Loud with archival black ink from Close to My Heart.  I used a red copic marker to color the little dots in the frame.


I used the Mojo Monday Sketch 193 for the sketch on my card.  I cut the card base using a grand scalloped circle nestability die.  The patterned papers are from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop paper pad and cut them using a grand circle nestability die.  The sentiment circle was cut using a circle nestability die and the black mat was cut using a lacey circles nestability die.  I used a piece of torn linen in place of a ribbon and stitched some red buttons in place with black embroidery floss.

Hop on over to the rest of the design team ladies' blogs to see what they've create:

Anya Schrier
Belinda Chang Langner
Bonnie Sharp
Carly Robertson
Claire Brennan
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Kate Whelan
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker

Happy Hopping and have a wonderful day!

Niki

13 comments:

Pauline said...

Wonderful shaped card, love all the different layers and warm colours.

Laura said...

very pretty!

Kary said...

Such a sweet card!! Love everything about it ;)

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

this is stunning Niki.....loving the layers
Ali x

Astrid said...

What this card is very nice saying. Beautiful details too.
Greetings Astrid.

Dawn Easton said...

Love all the different papers and fun circle! I haven't done that in a long time! Fabulous card!

Susi said...

Soooo beautiful, amazing job with the sketch too!

Julia Aston said...

The black base sets off these colors wonderfully Niki! great combination of stamps here!

Tosh said...

Oh Niki, I LOVE what you've done with this sketch!! Love the papers, and your sweet little dotted heart with the perfect sentiment. This card just oozes charm!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the mojo sketch! Your card is lovely.

LaurieJ said...

Lovely card! The black, red and turquoise color scheme is yummy. And I love the torn ribbon.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is adorable Niki. You have such an awesome sense of color and the way you have combined these in the awesome round card is genius.

Laurie Marmon said...

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Love the combination of stamp sets you used.