Thursday, October 13, 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps October Release Day Three

Welcome to Day Three of the Waltzingmouse Stamps October release!  Today, the design team is sharing sneak peeks of the new 2011 Holiday Ornaments stamp set and the Santa's Coming to Town stamp set.  Both sets feature ornaments that coordinate with the Ornament dies that Spellbinders just released.  The new sets will all be available for purchase on October 15th.


I absolutely love this release!  Every set is a must have set (in my opinion).  My cards today were so much fun to create!  I had so much fun playing with inks and stamps and trying a new technique that I hadn't tried before.  My set of cards was created with kraft cardstock, white cardstock, white embossing powder, stamps, and an assortment of inks (no copic markers even!).

My background papers were created by sponging various Tim Holtz distress inks on white cardstock using foam applicators and foam applicator refills from Ranger.  I cut my white cardstock to size.  Then, I sponged the inks on the cardstock and flicked water on the cardstock to create the great background.  (I did all my inking and water flicking on one of the Ranger Craft Sheets.  They make clean up so easy as everything just wipes right off.)  It is such a fun technique and one I can't wait to play around with more!  I love the look that it creates!  (Sorry for all the exclaimation points, but I had so much fun creating this card set and love how they turned out. *wink*)


For this card, I started by inking my white cardstock with fired brick distress ink.  I added many layers until I got a beautiful dark red.  Then, I added some pumice stone distress ink and a little walnut stain distress ink around the edge.  After flicking a little water on the piece, you can see the great look it creates when the ink pools a bit.  I stitched around the edge before adhering the piece to my kraft card base.

I stamped that gorgeous doily from the Dainty Doilies 2 Small stamp set with a Big & Bossy embossing ink pad from Ranger.  (My pad is all clear embossing ink.  The one I'm linking to has a black pad and a clear pad in one.  The Ranger embossing pad is by far the best embossing ink I have ever tried.  It completely blows a versamark pad out of the water! It's definitely my favorite embossing ink.)  Then, I embossed the doily with white embossing powder.  I hand cut around the doily and adhered it to my card with foam adhesive.

Last, I stamped that beautiful ornament from the new 2011 Holiday Ornaments set twice on white cardstock using tuxedo black memento ink.  I cut the ornment out and sponged it with shabby shutters distress ink and a little peeled paint distress ink around the edges.  I cut just the sentiment out of the second stamped ornament and sponged it with antique linen and tea dye distress inks.  Then, I layered the sentiment over my first stamped ornament and adhered it with foam adhesive.


I created the other cards using the same techniques as the first just with different ink colors and stamps.  For this card, I created my background by layering shabby shutters distress ink, peeled paint distress ink, and a little walnut stain distress ink around the edges.  Since I had more than one color of green distress ink, the water flicking created a really neat look.  (I think I need another dark red distress ink so the red is more dramatic, too!)

For my sentiment on this card, I used one of the great sentiments from the new Seasonal Remedies stamp set which will also be available on October 15th.  Again, I stamped the image twice on white cardstock with tuxedo black memento ink.  I cut out one and sponged it with fired brick and walnut stain distress inks. Then, I cut just the sentiments out on the second one and sponged it with antique linen and tea dye distress inks.



For my third card, I used worn lipstick and fired brick distress inks along with a little pumice stone and walnut stain distress inks around the edges.  This sentiment is also from Seasonal Remedies.  I stamped it twice again and cut it out.  The first piece was sponged with shabby shutters and peeled paint distress inks and the sentiment was sponged with antique linen and tea dye distress inks.



I also sprayed each of my background pieces with Pearl Glimmer Mist to give it a beautiful shimmer that is really difficult to pick up in a photo, but so pretty in person.  (They reformulated the glimmer mists and I think they spray much more evenly now.  I really like the shimmer it added.)

Okay, it's time to hop around to the rest of the designers' blogs to see what they created with the new sets:

Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken

Belinda Chang Langner

Clare Buswell

Julia Aston

Jennifer Holmes

Kate Whelan

Kelly Schirmer

Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio

Mona Pendleton

Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker

Claire Brennan (Owner)


Have a great day!

Niki

18 comments:

Tracey said...

These are just gorgeous Niki!!

Carola said...

Very, very beautiful, Niki. Those images look so pretty on that Doily and I think your backgrounds are just great.
Thanks for letting us know how you made those fabulous backgrounds.
Kind regards
Carola

Kelly Schirmer said...

So beautiful, Niki! I just LOVE how you layered the tags over the doilies...totally stealing, I mean CASING that idea, giggle :)!

Lia said...

such a wonderful cards niki I love them all
hugs Lia

Anya said...

Gorgeous! I love the way you created such depth with these cards! The labels are so beautiful and your hand-cut doilies - WOW! Great set, Niki!

Elizabeth Allan said...

A trio of gorgeousness Niki!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
I can't believe no Copics!!
These are so stunning...
the colors and the depth to each one...
spectacular!

Kary said...

These cards are fantastic!! I love how you used the new sets with the doilies, and hand cut them out! Amazing! Great job!!

Clare Curcio said...

Gorgeous, Niki! Your colors are so striking! Love those doilies!

Julia Aston said...

I love the spritzed backgrounds on these lovely cards Niki!

Kathy said...

I really like these!

Deborah Frings said...

A great selection of cards - I do like the lacey doily behind each image and the shimmer is very pretty!

Cheryl Stauffer said...

Wonderful designs on your cards and I love your choice of colors also!! The doily really adds depth to the cards.

Becca Feeken said...

This is number one on my list of the next techniques I want to try!! I peeked when your post when live and thought, oh no, am I going to go to bed or try this right now!! Well bed won out because I was exhausted, but I love this look!!! Your cards are magnificent Niki. Love everything about the doily shapes behind the holiday motifs :-)

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

Fabulous creations
Ali x

Ronny said...

Love these old fashioned stamps!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Niki!,
Your Christmas Jar card is Awesome! But these set of cards with the combination of the Christmas stamps and doilies are to die for!
Thanks for inspiring me! Hope to win these stamps!
Cariños,
María Alba Negrón
San Juan, Puerto Rico
perfectasimperfecciones@gmail.com

Earline said...

Love the colors of these card you out done yourself.