Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy Holidays


Hi Everyone!  It’s hard to believe it is already December.  Christmas will be here before we know it!  For my post today, I thought I would pull out another one of the Christmas images from Stampavie.  This image is called Gifts for You and is from Penny Johnson.

I used some patterned papers from Echo Park’s Season’s Greetings line and some crocheted lace from May Arts.  I added some buttons and baker’s twine along with a little Christmas tree charm.



I used a sentiment from Tina Wenke’s Holiday Wishes sentiment set.  I stamped the image and sentiment on copic x-press it cardstock with tuxedo black memento ink.  Then, I colored the image with these copic markers: R24, R27, R46, R89, Y35, E79, E31, E33, E35, E37, E29, E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R02, BG10, BG11, BG13, W1, W3, YG93, YG95, YG97, E51, E53, colorless blender.   After coloring my image, I sponged some antique linen and tea dye distress inks around the edges of my image.


Then, I added some white fun flock to Santa’s cap and the cuffs of his coat using a Sakura Glue Pen.  I used a gelly roll pen (from Sakura) to add a little sparkle to the stars and snowflakes.  Then, I adhered my image with foam adhesive.

Have a wonderful week!

Niki

5 comments:

AmyRuth said...

Such a fun and pretty card. I love the plaid paper and the lace/string treatment

Beate said...

Awww...that image is so cute! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love your paper combination and layout! Great card.
Hugs and smiles

Beth said...

Niki this is so CUTE! Always LOVE your FABULOUS coloring! That image is just DARLING!!
Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh Niki, this is so cute!

Jing said...

this is just amazing project ... love all the color combinations and details.