Friday, August 17, 2012

get well soon

I mentioned that I've been playing with some stamps that I've purchased, but never had the chance to use.  I've been collecting some of the Wild Rose Studio stamps for a while now, but I think I've only used one before now!  Wild Rose Studio is a company from the UK.  I buy their stamps from Lacey at Stamp and Create.


This adorable image is called Get Well Toby.  I stamped him on copic x-press it cardstock with tuxedo black memento ink.  Then, I colored him with copic markers and cut him out.  I die cut the circle and used a sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps' Teeny Trees stamp set.  Then, I sponged some antique linen distress ink around the edge edges of the circle while it was still in the die.  I used some patterned papers from Echo Park's This & That Charming paper pad and added some green buttons and cappuccino baker's twine.

Thank you for sticking around while I took some time off from stamping.  I know I haven't been creating much to share this year.  I appreciate those of you who chose to keep following my blog.  I love hearing from you so don't be shy! :)

Have a great weekend!

Niki

get well soon card supplies:
Stamps: Get Well Toby (Wild Rose Studio), Teeny Trees (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Cardstock: X-Press It (Copic), green
Patterned Paper: This & That Charming (Echo Park)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko), antique linen distress ink (Ranger)
Embellishments: cappuccino baker's twine (The Twinery)
, buttons

Copic Markers

13 comments:

Gabby said...

Darling image, cute card! Great colors and papers. :)

Debra said...

This is a really great card, and fabulous coloring! It's good to take time for youself and your family!

Kathy Martin said...

This is soooooo sweet! :)

Maria Therese said...

Awwwwwwwwww ♥♥♥

karen q said...

Very sweet card, that bear is adorable.

Elise said...

Awwww Niki! This is so precious! Your colouring is so beautiful and I love how you match up all those different lovely dp's! Gorgeous!
Big Hugs,
Elise

amy johnson said...

What a cute image and card! love the layout and all the stitching!

Kelly Schelske said...

Awe Niki this little guy is so cute!

pops said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is stunning, so love what you have done here a gorgeous creation, huggles Pops x x x

Lindyloo said...

Hi Nicki,
This is a gorgeous card. I love the colours you have used and the image is adorable.
Lovely to see you back crafting more often. Don't worry about the absences it happens to us all. Life has to go on and other thing take priority on occasion. I have been absent alot myself of late, but I always love to find time to come over and see your lovely work.
I hope life is being good to you. Best wishes Linda x

Tracey C. said...

OH.MY.GOSH. I love love love this little guy!!! How sweet -- and I totally love the layout, too!!

Alyssa S said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love your layout too - beautiful!!

Leah Ann Gast said...

Tee Hee, this is sooo cute!!!