Sunday, July 7, 2013

playing around making cards

I kind of feel like I'm out of practice creating cards.  I've been starting to feel like I want to create them again, but feeling a little bit rusty.  (I think I miss coloring image most of all! lol)  A couple weeks ago, I decided to play around with some scrapbooking supplies that I didn't think would ever make it into my scrapbooks.  It was fun to just play with supplies and I think that is what made me want to start stamping and creating cards again.  I think I'm to the point where I'm wanting to try to balance scrapbooking and card making.  I'm finally starting to feel my desire to stamp again coming back.  I even made three cards this weekend with colored images that I'll share later! :)

Anyway, these three cards are the ones I made when I was playing with supplies from a couple kits (main and PL) from Noel Mignon.


The patterned papers are from Simple Stories.  I'm not sure who makes the pinwheels as they came in the kit.  The  red cardstock and buttons came from my stash.


More patterned paper from Simple Stories.  Again I don't know who makes the flower and the orange cardstock is from my stash (orange fizz from MFT).


More Simple Stories patterned papers along with some washi, tweets, twine, and stamps from the kit.  I masked the balloon to stamp the cloud behind it.  Inks are Sunset and Juniper from CTMH.

Nothing over the top, but fun playing with supplies.  Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend if you're in the US.

Thanks for stopping by!
Niki

6 comments:

Lacey Stephens said...

Very cute! So glad you are giving stamping a try again!! I think we all need a little break every once in awhile!!

Michelle said...

Isn't it funny how quickly we forget what was once a daily part of our lives? I never thought I wouldn't make cards - but I also never knew that I would be BUSIER as my kids got older LOL! Your cards are adorable - so bright & cheerful :)

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

These turned out awesome! Love the scrappy style of cards--Can't wait to see more! :)

Amber Hight said...

These are super adorable Niki!! I'm so glad to see you back, missed ya babe!!

Gabby said...

Three super-CUTE, summery cards! Glad to see ya back! :)

Amy Johnson said...

Fabulous cards! I especially love the last one. Glad to see you back.