Monday, October 14, 2013

bundle of joy

Hi Everyone!  Hope you all had a good weekend!  It was rainy here so we just hung out and watched a couple movies.  I even managed to work on a couple cards.  Today, I thought I would share a card I started before the baby was born and finally got finished a week or so ago.


This adorable image is from Wee Stamps and is called Angie.  (You can purchase it as a rubber stamp at Whimsy Stamps here or as a digital stamp from Wee Stamps here.)  Sylvia's images are always some of my favorite images and I've been pulling them out again to play.  The sentiment is from Whimsy's Welcome Baby Sentiments set.

The gorgeous paper I used is from a Swedish company called Maja Design.  These papers are from the Vintage Summer Basics paper pad.  The patterns and papers in their collections are just beautiful!  I bought mine from the Funkie Junkie Boutique.  Quick shipping and great customer service!


I colored the image with copic markers.  (Sorry I didn't write them down.)  I've been using cork accents a lot in my scrapbooking because I love the texture it adds.  I found a pad of self adhesive 6x6 cork from Die Cuts with a View.  It is thin enough to die cut and punch.  That is what I used for the frame around the image.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I didn't have the color of rose buds I needed so I lightly colored some white rose buds with a copic marker.



I used a gold paint pen to color the stars.  I also added some stardust stickles to her wings and the loose feather.


I've had the ribbon in my stash for a really long time.  It works perfect with the colors in the patterned papers.  The little baby carriage charm was bought on ebay.  Although it's a style I'm not sure I'm very good at, I'm playing along with Whimsy's monthly challenge which is Shabby Chic/Vintage.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!  Thanks so much for stopping by and an extra thanks to those who leave comments.  They always make my day!

Niki

6 comments:

Betty Sue said...

Such a sweet card! Your coloring is always wonderful!

Elise said...

Wowww Niki! This is STUNNING! Loove this sweet image and your colouring! And you manage to make cards even with a newborn?! OoOh my gosh, you're awesome!!! :)

Hope you're all doing very well! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise

Gabby said...

Sweet image, nice coloring and lovely designed card! Like the natural texture of the cork w/the lacy elements and beautiful flowers. :)

Tracey said...

This is stunning Niki!!

*Michaela* said...

Beautiful card! I love how you used the cork. <3

Unknown said...

SO sweet!!! Love this darling image, and you've really made it shine! <3