Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter

 

I received my order of Stampavie stamps along with a design team package today from Lacey at Stamp and Create.  I couldn't wait to play with the new images!!  I had to pull out Easter Parade, an adorable image by Tina Wenke, first since Easter is tomorrow.  The challenge over at the Stampavie blog is also an Easter theme so it worked out perfectly to use this image first.

I found some patterned paper from the Just Dreamy 2 line by My Mind's Eye and colored my Easter Parade image with copic markers that coordinate with the colores in my patterned papers.  Then, I added lots of stitching, a punched border, and some yellow buttons.  The adorable image is definitely taking center stage on my card with some support from my patterned papers and buttons.

We decorated Easter eggs today with our kids.  We always have lots of fun doing.  We all sit down as a family to decorate them and it's so neat to watch the excitement on the kids' faces.  They are definitely excited about Easter coming tomorrow!

Have a Happy Easter!

Niki

Recipe
Stamps: Easter Parade (Stampavie)
Cardstock: white, aqua mist (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Just Dreamy 2 (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: tuxedo black (Momento)
Accents: lemon tart buttons (Papertrey Ink)
Tools: copic markers, sewing machine, scalloped border punch (SU)

16 comments:

jen shears said...

too sweet, Niki!
Happy Easter!

Kelly said...

Now how cute is that! Very sweet!
Happy Easter Niki!

Mary J said...

The perfect card for Easter! Have a great day!

Alice W. said...

awww... this just makes me smile, Niki! love the fun colors you used and it's just such a happy card!! i love it! =) Happy Easter to you, too!

Diane Jaquay said...

OMG Niki, this is just beyond adorable!!! That image is too precious, and the colors you used on this card are gorgeous! Happy Easter to you and your family!!

Laurie W. said...

Adorable! I love all that stiching! The colors are so bright and cheery! Happy Easter!

Wendy said...

Happy Easter girlfriend! Did you have your dinner yet? We had the family here yesterday and loved every minute of it! This card is perfect for today! You coloured amazingly, as usual! Enjoy your chocolate!

Tracey said...

This is so adorable Niki! I love the fabulous colours on this! Happy Easter!

Melissa Ladd said...

This is so cute Niki! I love the image and the paper is a perfect fit! Happy Easter!

Tracey Cuccia said...

Adorable - and PERFECTLY colored - wow! Happy Easter to you and yours, hope it was a day filled with happiness and blessings!!

Velta said...

What a precious image!! You colored the image just beautifully....matching the papers! I hope you and yours had a very Happy Easter!!!

Sylvia/Georgia said...

Everything about this card is adorable and so-o-o beautifully done!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Niki this is just SO cute! I just love your vibrant colouring and coordinating papers. You turn every card into such a work of art! Big hugs to you!!
PS thanks for visiting my blog today too! Hope you had a great holiday weekend!

Lacey Stephens said...

Oh my! This is cute!! I hope you had a lovely Easter. I will post on the store blog!! I love the color combo you used and your coloring is so gorgeous!!
~Lacey

diane (cookiestamper) said...

Oh how sweet! I love it! perfect!

Danielle said...

So sweet! I love all of your stitching!