Friday, October 7, 2011

it's the little things


Last week, I had the chance to create a couple cards using some images from Lili of the Valley.  I shared the little girl card last week and have this little teddy bear card to share today.  I just love this adorable image!  It’s called Little Lorry Bear.  I used some patterned papers from the Lime Twist: Fly a Kite patterned paper pad from My Mind’s Eye.


I stamped the image on copic x-press it cardstock with tuxedo black memento ink and colored it with copic markers.  I used these marker colors: R24, R27, R29, R46, R89, Y35, YR04, YR07, YG05, E53, E55, E57, E31, E33, E35, E37, W3, BG000, BG01, BG32, BG53, colorless blender.


I die cut my image with a circle nestability die before using my air compressor and some copic markers to spray the background.  I added some glossy accents to the balloon to make it shiny.  After stitching my layers, I wrapped some red grosgrain ribbon and some baker’s twine around my patterned paper layers before adhering them to my card base.  Then, I used foam adhesive to adhere my image and sentiment (from Catslife Press).  I finished off my card with some corrugated stars from Close to My Heart and some red buttons stitched with baker’s twine.

Have a great weekend!

Niki

12 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

This is just sooooo cute! Love those corrugated stars! :)

amy johnson said...

So cute! I love those corrugated stars!

Christiana said...

This is SO adorable! Sorry I've been such a bad blog buddy lately. I'll be coming around more often, promise! Love your work.

MarieL said...

Totally cute card, Niki and the coloring is superb as always.

Kelly Schelske said...

Adorable Niki! Love the CTMH stars, I just got some and need to use them!

Dena said...

Niki! Love the bright and cheerful colors!!! Such a gorgeous card!!!
Hugs, Dena

jen shears said...

this is so sweet- love the glossy balloon & corrugated stars!

Carrie said...

wow - this is totally fabby. cute image and wonderful bright colours!!!

Crafty Lou said...

Hi!this is soooo gorgeous,amazing colours/detail and just such a sweetie.
hugs Lou.xx

karen q said...

What a great little boy card. That bear is so cute. I have been meaning to ask you if you had formal art training of some kind because your coloring is so amazing. Happy Saturday!

Debbie Olson said...

Fabulous!

Diane Jaquay said...

Super sweet card, Niki, love the corrugated heart accents!!