Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Shark Pencil Pouches

Hi Everyone!  It has been so long since I posted.  I hope everyone is doing well (and that someone might still be out there to read this! lol)  I thought I would dust off the blog and share some projects I have made lately.  Unfortunately for my paper crafting readers, I have not been making anything paper crafting related.  I seem to have moved on in my hobbies to sewing and quilting and am absolutely loving it!


I made these little shark pencil pouches for two of my sons' birthdays.  They turned out so cute!  I used a tutorial found here.  They were so much fun to sew!  My daughter and my youngest son want one as well.  I'm going to have to make some more!


I made this patchwork shark first.  I love the look of patchwork.  With this pattern, it did make it more difficult assembling the shark because of the additional layers, but it turned out really cute!  I used Wishes fabric line from Sweetwater (Moda) for the patchwork fabrics.


After making the patchwork shark, I wanted to make another one without the patchwork to see if it would make it easier to assemble.  It made it so much easier!  I love patchwork, but I would skip it with this pattern.  I used a grey fabric from the Happy Go Lucky line by Bonnie and Camille (Moda).


I used some white thread on the button eyes and love how it makes them look more like eyes.  The red fabric and white zippers look great with the mouth as well.


Sorry I don't have any great photos of the pouches.  I took these with my phone and they just aren't up to the quality of a dslr camera.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Niki

5 comments:

Patti said...

These are adorable. I need to make some to carry my colored pencils when I go color somewhere besides my studio. Like you, I am also getting more interested in sewing. I am cutting out the pieces for a huge quilt right now.

Kim Heggins said...

OH my goodness....these are simply fabulous, so in love with them. Sewing always has been my favorite way to craft. I have sewing for ever and now I can't wait to make a few of these. Thank you so much for sharing! Looking forward to more sewing inspiration.

Elaine M said...

Soooooooooooo good to hear from you! You've been missed! Darling pencil holders - you should put these in your store. Hugs to your little guys

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Welcome back. :) These are super cute! I hardly ever sew on fabric, but I couldn't resist pinning them. My girls would LOVE these! Thank for sharing.

CherylQuilts said...

Niki, it's wonderful to see you post again, and I've continued to see you on Instagram. I love these darling shark pencil holders, and they are so beautifully made. Love the fabric you've used. I don't quilt anymore, but I still have my sewing machines and some fabric just in case! Good to see you! Hugs!